Saturday 4 February 2012

You skip rope? I skip school.

HALLO!
I'm shy to do a video post this week cos i just got my fringe cut; real short.
Dammit i hate how good haircuts come ever so rarely. It seems like most of the time you could only envision yourself with a nice haircut but when you actually try to tell it to the hairdresser it seems to translate to "cut my hair ugly please" .
Anyway back to the topic at hand. My childhood was pretty messed up. HAHA i could hardly remember much stuff really.. There's not one particular incident that i could call favorite. But i do like the fact that during my primary school days, i would attend only about 1/2 of the academic year. The first time i skipped school was in Primary 2. Every morning, my second sister would drive me to school at 6.30am and that one particular morning, i don't know what came over me but i told her i was really tired and asked if i could skip school. Next thing i know, we were home and i was back on bed. That was the start of my 'School Skipping Legend'. HAHAHA. Ever since that day, any days i would fake fever by drinking something hot and then taking my temperature or i'd wear a jacket and bundle myself up toasty and warm and then give that sick look. One time i nearly got busted cos my VP had always been suspicious and she was quite chummy with my mom but of course, i got away. *grins* Another time, i forgot that exam period was over and i didn't bring any book at all to school. My teacher had to call my mom and my brother in-law had to come to school and then my teacher asked if i wanted to stay or go home. What a stupid question right!? I'm sure it's pretty obvious that i went home. Most of the time, i'd go to my grandma's house to play with my cousins. When school was afternoon session, i'd over-play at my grandma's house and just ring over to my mom and give her the 'sick voice' saying, "mummy, i dont feel well. Can i don't go to school?" Thank God for letter writing in Primary school.
I was legendary i tell you. LEGENDARY.
I love how during those days I didn't have to worry about test, exams or even homework. Oh carefree days, where have you gone to?

I can't wait to hear about you guys' childhood times. I'm sure they're as epic as mine.

xoxo,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment