Wednesday 1 February 2012

Queen of DigiLand

I have a great number of childhood memories, and they're all incredibly retarded. I was a really weird, mature child, but equally innocent.

Once, I crossed the road to buy eggs and ice cream all by myself. I was about three or four years old. What I was doing by myself then, I have no idea. I remember jaywalking, then wen I got to the store, the keeper asked me why I was alone. I can't remember what I answered. Then I jaywalked back to our house with a melting ice cream cone in hand, swinging a carton of eggs which did not fully survive the trip home. My parents saw me jaywalk from across the road, and my mom kept scolding me. I had no idea why she was so hysterical back then.

Another memory is back when I was incredibly addicted to Digimon. I watched the show on TV, and it would be the only thing I would talk about with my cousins. One day, my cousin was staying over and she told me that Mimi was real, and that she was the queen of DigiLand. Apparently, it was all real, and my cousin is one of the very few humans who could access the place. I cannot, for the life of me, understand how on earth I fell for this. My cousin was such a dick, how could she have been bestfriends with the queen of the digimons?! I initially didn't believe her, so she told me to wait for a couple of minutes and she'll ask Mimi if she could bring me into DigiLand. So I patiently waited in my room as she left to get permission from the queen. I can still remember feeling incredibly anxious. What if Mimi doesn't like me? I wouldn't be able to go see Yamato! Oh how naive I was. More than a few minutes have passed and my cousin has yet to return. I went out to search for her, in case, for some bizarre reason, she decided to lie to me about DigiLand and is hiding somewhere in the house instead. Ki searched everywhere. In every wardrobe, under every bed, behind every door, under every table, even inside and under the car, everywhere! But I couldn't find her, so I went back to my room, thinking, maybe she's still in DigiLand and Mimi needed a lot more convincing. So I waited for a few more minutes, and she came back, panting. "Hey, Mimi says she'll think about it first", she said. I just said okay.

Oh my goodness. I was such a fool. I love that memory though. I miss thinking and believing that anything and everything was possible.

But I think now, we all believe that that is not very true.

No comments:

Post a Comment