Tuesday 29 November 2011

Fall Out Boy, Sugarcult, and Dashboard Confessional [2.1]

Hullo,

I'm incredibly busy this week, and I just know that I definitely wouldn't have time to write this post on wednesday itself, so I'm gonna procrastinate on my work right now, and start on this week's post!

So this week's theme is Favourite Band.

The thought of picking out my favourite band is daunting to me. I listen to a pretty wide variety of music, so it's pretty hard for me to just decide on one band, so I'll give you my top three.

Fall Out Boy.
I have no idea when or how I started listening to Fall Out Boy, but I love them. I still can't decide whether I prefer their newer albums than the old ones, but I definitely know that I can listen to any of them at any given time. Their songs just seem like the type who can fill up any mood, if you know what I mean. It hurts to think that the band has pretty much fell out, and boy, am I left with an empty feeling inside knowing that I'll probably never get to hear them together live ever again. Nevertheless, I'll forever love their kickass songs which both make sense and fail to make sense at the same time.

Sugarcult.
Now this band was introduced to me by my friend, Ben, and I have loved them from the moment I heard the intro of the song, Memory. Hardcore beats mixed with ridiculous, yet meaningful lyrics, and you get Sugarcult! I just love how they can sing about sex and whatnot, without sounding raunchy, but still be able to have decent Ballad-ish songs in the same album.

Dashboard Confessional.
This is probably the band that I have known the longest. It was introduced to me by my friend, Kian, and to be honest, I'm not sure why I like it. Some of the lyrics are ridiculous and their performances isn't the best, but I like them. I like their songs, and I can listen to them any time. It's just one of those bands that just gets me, I guess.

Fall Out Boy - Sophomore Slump or Comeback Of The Year

Sugarcult - Shaking

Dashboard Confessional - Hands Down

No comments:

Post a Comment