Sunday 1 January 2012

Hey guys! Happy New Year! :) This is officially the first post of 2012 :D

When I was young I had a bunch of things that I wanted to be. At first it was a teacher, coz that was probably the first job I knew (and maybe because my mum was a teacher too). Later on, I wanted to be a detective, and then I promoted myself to become a spy (I always think spies are cooler than detectives. heh. Mission Impossible > Sherlock holmes) lol. Actually one time I wanted to be a bug collector of some sort too. haha. I still didn't know what I loved and wanted to do even when I was in sec 1, then came sec 2 where I wanted to be an architect because my mum wanted to be one and I thought she'd be happy if "I lived her dream", but that didn't really last long.
In the end I wanted to be an album/book illustrator (bet you guys didn't know that!).

But you guys all know that all of that changed. :D

It is the most retarded thing I've done in my life actually, switching my medium of art from that of paper to film. I still recall the day I decided to be a film-maker. It was surreal actually. Surreal because I felt like I was the only being on the planet being introduced to a huge big secret.
I would call it a "God Moment" if there was a name for such a surreal feeling.

So in the end, I want to be a Movie director when I grow up. (and if I have a shot at MVs then why not do both.) :)

Film, to me, is just beautiful. Its a perfect combination of the things I love -- Words, Picture & Music.

:)

OKay that's it! I hope you guys have an awesome 2012! may it be the best ass-kicking year yet! :D

Cheers
G

No comments:

Post a Comment